
Since the beginning of time (or since I remember anyway) I have never had a reason to doubt my brother, Andy. I remember vividly that he told me that the McKitterick family has super powers. I believed him and know to this day he is correct. He told me that we would not be caught throwing snowballs at the nuns strolling through the Ponca City Catholic school, Unity. I believed him and, sure enough, we did not get caught. He told me that I would be very sorry if I told Dad that he shot me in the lip with a BB gun from close range. I believed him until several years ago at a holiday dinner where I let the cat out of the bag. He was right. In retaliation, he started sharing stories of some of my unfortunate (and unknown) car accidents and sure enough... I was sorry. As you can see, Andy is very wise and I have always adored him.
A couple of years ago, Andy suggested that he could build Keith and I a house. Wow. Was this the first time ever that I might doubt him?
But you remember that I love my brother and know he can do no wrong (sorry, Beth) so we took him up on his generous offer. Over the last few months, we have watched in awe as he has put together a mammoth amount of bids, engineering reports and plans. Keith and
I stay confused. How did the guy who tried to flush pot down the household toilet but forgot to actually FLUSH get so smart? It has been amazing to watch the intricate web that he has designed to make this whole plan come together. We actually have pipes, tons of re-bar, plastic sheeting, tension cables along with other stuff that I don't have a clue what it is.I called him the other day to let him know that there is a pipe coming up through the middle of the dining room. Mom's friend Bobby Woodward said that it was sweet that Andy was putting a fountain in my dining room!! Good one, Bobby! Andy thinks that I should stay away.... like that will happen...
I trust my brother completely and love him dearly.
Andy tells me that he will build us a house. I believe him.
No comments:
Post a Comment