Saturday, February 14, 2009

Christmas Every Day!

One of my favorite gifts of all time was a book that my Grandma Mo gave to me. It was a collection of Christmas stories along with pages and pages of Norman Rockwell paintings. I still have it (I hope!) and 35 years later it is still one of my favorites. One of the stories is a really cute one called "Christmas Every Day" by William Dean Howells. It is about a little girl who tells her dad that she wishes that it was Christmas every day! Her dad proceeds to tell her the tale of a time when that actually happened. Well, you can imagine the story even if you haven't read it... the first few days were amazing, but then the romance quickly fizzled out. Too much of a good thing and all that, you know.

I am tending to disagree with that father, lately! We are in the final stretches of our house journey and... every day IS Christmas around here. The house has enough nice things inside now that I feel it is necessary to go unlock each morning and lock again at night. So... each evening I get to go out and see what Santa has brought today! It is FUN!!

Watching things like slabs, framing, wiring, etc... was amazing. But now it is the ultimate Christmas gifts every day, but I never know what I will see! I come home (yes, home!) to new tile, new built ins, new cabinets (take THAT, Loser Larry!), granite, bathtubs (that was exciting!!) driveways, outdoor kitchens, door hardware (so pretty!) and who knows what is next? I am adding some pictures to share with you all some of my latest Christmas presents. Hope you enjoy!











No comments: